Woodfire Photographic Competition
Entries are invited for a woodfire photographic exhibition on the theme of woodfiring which will be displayed during the Conference. Application deadline is March 31, 2017 but images can be sent at any time before then. Send images to firstname.lastname@example.org Prize winning images will be published in a future issue of The Log Book.
1. Firing portrait
2. Kiln / firing
3. View of kiln shed (in landscape) / view from kiln shed (including at least part of the shed / kiln in the frame)
4. When things go wrong / firing disasters
Image Format Specifications: 3000 x 2000 pixels (6mp)
Images must be of a sufficiently high quality to be printed at a size of 10 x 8 inches
Guidelines and details
1. A first prize will be awarded in each category (details of prizes will be published on the conference web site at a later date).
2. There will also be a runner-up prize of a one-year subscription to The Log Book in each category – to be selected by the editors of The Log Book.
3. Applicants must be attending the International Woodfire NC Conference.
4. A shortlist of entries in each category will be made by a selection panel prior to the conference.
5. All of the shortlisted images will be printed and exhibited at the conference.
6. All conference attendees will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite image in each category and the first prize winners will be selected based on these votes.
7. Prize winning images in each category will be published in a future issue of The Log Book.
All those who register to attend the conference are encouraged to send entries for this competition which is a joint initiative of Woodfire NC 2017 and The Log Book.